Tuesday, May 08, 2007

How to have a great workout day and your Peace too

Hi new readers- I welcome your comments and ideas, please send me your comment.

First of all, I want to share some ideas about how to have a great day with your inner peace. I know we are so bombard alot of stress from families, work, and everything else has got in our way. We do need to have peace and quiet time just enough to help us to relax.

Question for you. Which day of the week is likely to have a heart attack? I will give you an answer at the bottom of this letter. Think about it. Everyday M-F many people go to work, come home and fix dinner and put the kids to bed. On the weekends, it is family fun! So, this is like a robot routine. I know it sounds boring, but for one thing you can do is to be creative and have a little bit of fun. I believe you can do it. You can also be different!

As I was flipping through Women's Day magazine that my mother got in the mail. I ran across a great article that I am going to give you some ideas about how to have a great day and have little peace of your own. Ready? Okay,

1. Visualize your day- you need to find a quiet and nice room, sit on a chair and relax. Let your mind program about the kind of the day you want. If you are an early bird riser- this is a perfect plan for you and you can visualize ahead of time. Yes, say lot of prayer about peace. I really like the book of Psalms and it helps me to relax and then I would visualize about my day- including my workouts too.

2. Be thankful- You should be thankful that God created you. He loves you and wants you to have a great day everyday. I know many times that we have conflicts that come in our way- but you know what- it doesn't have to be. So what you can do is develop a mindset of gratitude is essential for inner peace. Example would be like listening to your favorite jazz CD that calms you down to help you to feel good or think about walking on the beach on a beautiful day and smell the awesome fragrance of the fresh air.

3. Find your joy- Find something that makes you feel good- think about the times you had a happy moment- like getting engaged or married, joining a club such as a sorority or fraternity durning your college years, going to the championship game and your team won- your team was number one in the country, use that to help you to feel good.

4. Let your soul catch up- Learn to slow things down a bit, many people do indulge in overeating, oversleeping, snacking too much sugar and sweets, drinking too much alcohol. If you can get back on track- your soul will catch up.

5. Listen to your heart- It is so easy to feel trapped by the business of our lives. Many times - alot will say " I don't have time for this or that." are often surprised to find the one they develop the inner peace for prayer or relaxing they need. They do have time! Do this way--- Find a room where it is quiet and comfortable where no one can interrupt your thoughts for about 20-30 minutes alone. If you have a phone in that room- unplug the phone or turn off the ringer durning that moment. Sit on a chair with your feet firmly on the floor- have your eyes closed and feel totally relax and say " I do feel good!" over and over until you know your mind is becoming quiet and focus on your heart and ask yourself this--- "What do I want?" This will help you to find the truth within yourself. Then when you wake up- ask yourself again " Why do you want the things you do?" Mostly some people will find the answer they get such as peace, love, harmony, and laughter. Of course forgiveness and joy ( Rejoice) is included.

6. Be patience with yourself- I have a client of mine who has NO patience at all. I thought about the phrase that says Patience is virtue. It is true. If you don't have patience then you don't have virtue. If you don't get this nice present of yourself, then better start practicing patience. I am going to tell you something else in a minute but first set a realistic goals and write it down. When you do, go over and get that in your mind especially when you are trying to make positive changes such as hiring your personal trainer to help you to lose weight, start a fitness program on your own, quit smoking and drinking too much alcohol, and learn to eat smarter and buy smart food.
Planning too much all at once time can actually sabotage the best intentions and you will will soon give up after a day or two. Five to ten minutes a day is all your really need to get started. This is why you need to write things down and visualize it everyday. ( I am doing the same- but believe me, it takes time to prune it and when is all done- I will get what I want. I will see alot of done behind me ahead of time before anything can sabotage my goals.) Keep to your schedule for one month and it will become a habit of your routine. Usually it may take at least 28-30 days to see yourself doing a habit. It won't hurt your to try for one month.
About no patience- if you are at a Dr's office, take a book with you to read, or something that keeps you busy without thinking of waiting, if you are at the grocery store standing in a long line- grab a magazine from the counter close by and read while you are waiting ( I do this all the time-- no wonder it works!). While you are reading a magazine- if you see something that caught your attention- visualize it for a moment and that will give you a peaceful time! Try it and I guarantee you that it can save you from trouble. This will help you to feel better rather than saying yourself , "Man, I wished you would hurry up and I have to go!" That is pretty ugly and very negative to yourself. Be patience and have a positive thinking!

7. Stay in the Present moment-We do all juggle all these things ( such as cell phones, emails, computers, and other stuff such as play station or whatever that is related to it) can't help but to think about what they have to do next. Sometimes too many thoughts come to your mind. Break it down to the most important and work on the weaker ones later on. Focus on what you want, not what you don't want. Pay attention to what you are doing right now. Now as for fitness workout training. I would focus on my weaker muscles to strengthen it up and then work on my stronger one later. This will help you get back on track faster. As for my workout- I focus on my upper body, because as a man, I know women would want to see my abs and chest. It will tell her how much I am taking care of my body as well as being a slob or fat.

8. Let go of Being Right all the time- Be willing to relinquish your opinion. You don't have to be opinionated all the time, but be creative what you want to talk about and learn to be PATIENCE! Then ask yourself this- " is this important?" It can bring a peace of mind with a great relationship or other things around you. When you have a choice between right and kind. I would go with kindness instead of being right. Think about it. Again, if you are arguing with someone- hold it right there and take a deep breaths ( usually 2-4 big deep breaths) and ask yourself this -"Is this worth the time for me to argue about this?" Your best bet is to let go of being so right and go with kindness and love and with gratitude.

9. Choose a prayer- Find a prayer that can soothe your inner peace. I like the prayer of Psalms 23 when I feel afraid, I know this will help me to knock out the fear out of my mind and also helps me to relax too. You can find plenty of awesome prayers in the book of Psalms. Write it down and memorize it.

10. Inspire to your friends and family and your children too. Why children? They are the most important and they need to learn to grow up in a positive environment, energy, ideas, and role models. You can teach them alot about nature, crafts, arts, weight training, sports, etc.... and what about visualizing and meditating. They will thank you later. Trust me.

The answer from above-- heart attack is likely to appear on Mondays! Take a guess why!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.